time to explore with esplora

All the places you need a vaccination certificate to enter

All the places you need a vaccination certificate to enter

The government has issued a list of places where a full vaccination certificate will be required in order to enter as of next Monday, 17 January, 2022.

Here it is:

  • Bars

  • Restaurants

  • Nightclubs

  • Social clubs

  • Snack bars

  • Cinemas

  • Pools

  • Spas and saunas

  • Gyms and fitness centres

  • Bowling alleys

  • Theatres

  • Organised events

  • Casinos, gaming parlours and bingo halls

  • exhibition

With regards to fines, establishments or organisers of events who do not follow the regulations are liable to a €500 fine for each breach.

Here’s the full legal notice.

Earlier yesterday, health minister Chris Fearne announced the relaxation of some COVID-19 measures including restaurants being able to eliminate the two-metre distance between tables, mandatory mask-wearing no longer being applicable for those who are fully vaccinated and boosted and in groups of no more than two. Check out all the relaxed measures here.

How do i know if my vaccine certificate is valid?

Your vaccine certificate is valid for three months from the second dose or nine months from the booster shot. If you have recently had COVID-19 and thus have been unable to get the third shot, you are exempt as four weeks must pass before you are eligible to take the booster. 

The exemptions

  • Those aged 12-17 who are currently ineligible for the booster will not need to show the booster certificate but a two-dose certificate
  • Under-12s will be completely exempt from any certificate
  • Mothers who are pregnant in their first three months
  • Those who tested positive in recent weeks and are waiting to get their booster dose
  • Anyone who has had a reaction to the vaccine and has a certificate from their doctor or the Superintendent of Public Health confirming they cannot take the booster