Any information that will be used will be anonymous aggregate statistics about our users, sales and traffic patterns with our advertisers and ad networks.
- This statement discloses the privacy practices for ohmymalta.com.mt, which are in compliance with The Data Protection Act, Chapter 440 of the Laws of Malta, and with the European Union Directive 2002/58/EC on the processing of personal data and the protection of privacy in the electronic communications sector.
- Guidelines are subject to change. Any changes will be posted on this page.
- We are not responsible for the content or the privacy policies of websites to which we may link.
What information do we gather and track about you?
Cookies: When one visits our website, a cookie may be sent to this person. A cookie is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored in a user’s web browser while the user is browsing our website. Every time the user loads the website, the browser sends the cookie back to the server to notify the website of the user’s previous activity. Your browser sends these cookies back to the website every time you visit the site again, so it can recognise you and can customise what you see on the screen according to your registered preferences. You are not obliged to accept cookies and most browsers allow you to turn off cookies. However, certain cookies are essential for the functioning of the website, thus disabling them may hinder the full functioning of the website.
What do we do with the information we gather and track?
- Statistical Analysis and Banner Advertising: We may perform statistical analyses of user behaviour. We will also use demographic and preference information to allow advertising banners on our web site to be targeted to whom they are most pertinent. This means that readers will see advertising that is most likely to interest them, and advertisers will send their messages to people who are most likely to be receptive, improving both the viewer’s experience and the effectiveness of the ads. In this statistical analyses and banner advertisement targeting, we will disclose information to third parties only in aggregate form, meaning any process in which information is gathered and expressed in a summary form, for purposes such as statistical analysis. Personal information about you as an individual subscriber will not be provided to any third party without your consent.
- Device-specific data
- The following information may be collected related to Your device and browser:
- device’s IP address (captured and stored in an anonymized format);
- device screen resolution;
- device type (unique device identifiers), operating system, and browser type;
- geographic location (country only);
- preferred language used to display the Hotjar Enabled Site.
- User interactions
- Mouse events (movements, location and clicks)
- Log data
For a sampling of visitors, Our servers automatically record information which is collected from Customer Websites and Our Site.
This data includes:
- referring URL and domain;
- pages visited;
- geographic location (country only);
- preferred language used to display the webpage;
- date and time when website pages were accessed.
Email and SMS
We use email links located in our contact us page to allow you to contact us directly. We will use your email address to respond directly to these questions or comments.
Requirements for processing
Business To Business will ensure that:
- personal data is processed fairly and lawfully;
- personal data is always processed in accordance with good practice;
- personal data is only collected for specific and legitimate purposes;
- personal data that is processed is adequate and relevant to the purposes of the processing;
- all reasonable measures are taken to complete, correct, block or erase incomplete or incorrect data;
- Business To Business shall not be held liable for any data errors in transmission not occasioned by itself, or for any unauthorised acts of third parties.
With whom do we share the information we gather/track?
- We share the information we gather, in aggregate form, with advertisers and other partners. We will not release personal information about you as an individual to third parties, except under the circumstances described in Compliance with Legal Process below. Upon request, we will provide you with all of your personal information associated with your subscriber ID and information will only be sent to the email address on file associated with it.
- In compliance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act, Chapter 440 of the laws of Malta, personal data may not be processed for purposes concerning direct marketing, if the data subject notifies the data controller that s/he opposes such processing. The controller shall appropriately inform the data subject of his right to oppose such processing, at no cost.
‘Email a friend’ and ‘share this article’ functions
- When you use this function and provide us with personal data of a third party (e.g. the name and email address), please ensure you have their consent before providing their details.
Compliance with Legal Process
- We may disclose personal information if we are required and permitted to do so by law, in accordance with the Data Protection Act, or we in good faith believe that such action is necessary to (1) comply with the law or with legal process; (2) protect and defend our rights and property; (3) protect against misuse or unauthorised use of our web site and content; or (4) protect the personal safety or property of our users or the public (amongst other things, this means that if you provide false information or attempt to pose as someone else, information about you may be disclosed as part of any investigation into your actions).
- Data may be disclosed in relation to the prevention, investigation, detection and prosecution of criminal offences, or of breaches of ethics for regulated professions through abusing the functions of the website, including the comments section, in which illegal acts are performed, including, but not limited to threats which give rise to a criminal offence and other offences which give rise to criminal liability.
- Personal data may also be processed without the data subject’s consent if:
- the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract;
- processing is necessary for the performance of an activity that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller or in a third party to whom the data is disclosed;
- processing is necessary for a purpose that concerns a legitimate interest of the controller or of such a third party to whom personal data is provided, except where such interest is overridden by the interest to protect the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject and in particular the right to privacy.
Corrections and Cancellations
- Upon request, we will a) Remove you and your personal information, from our database, thereby cancelling your registration; b) Correct personal information that you state is erroneous
- To request a correction or cancellation, please contact us.